What is the focus of this training?
One of the most challenging parts of transformational leadership is giving and receiving feedback effectively. When we are faced with a difficult conversation, we often find ourselves avoiding, sugar-coating, clumsily landing the message or reacting defensively. While these responses are natural and common, courageous leadership requires that we develop more comfort and confidence with candid but kind conversations. This training is designed to help you do just that.
What will I get out of this training?
By the end of this half-day experience, you will:
- Gain clarity on the connection between courageous feedback and a high-performing team
- Identify personal barriers to giving courageous feedback and laser in on the inner work you need to do
- Learn how to step into the right mindset before tough conversations so that you can bring your best self and call others to greatness in the conversation
- Understand the role of empathy in courageous conversations – and how to generate empathy even when it’s hard
- Explore the powerful concept of radical candor and identify situations at work where radical candor would be valuable
- Consider how you well you currently receive feedback and practice concrete strategies for improving
- Learn how to create a culture of feedback within your team
Is this training right for me?
If you are interested in improving your communication style in the workplace to become better at giving and receiving feedback, this training is for you! While some of the training will be focused on the type of feedback often given by formal leaders, no formal leadership experience is necessary to benefit.
I'm interested but I can't make it on this date. What now?
Click here to give us your email address and we'll notify you when we're offering the next Courageous Leadership training.